The approaches and resources that have worked for me in different areas of life.
I'm very interested in learning yours, feel free to contact me to share ideas!
- Patience is the foundation of strategy. - Control Your Emotions and Stay Grounded in Reality. - Ego is the Enemy. - Time is your most precious resource. - "Whenever you find yourself in the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect". - Always ask yourself, " How can I do this twice as big and in half the time?" , to break out of your typical mental habits.
Resources: - 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene - Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday - Meditations by Marcus Aurelius - Seeking Wisdom: From Darwin to Munger by Peter Bevelin - Zero to One by Peter Thiel - Paul Graham's Essays
- When you can't think big, then think strange. - Idea creation is muscle, make the habit of creating of idea everyday. - When you can't think of 10 ideas, think of 20. - You only realize what you're thinking once you write.
- What creates the best work is uninterrupted focused time on one topic. - Documenting is as good as finishing - Being busy and effective are two different things. What you do is more important than how you do it. - Focus on the long-term. Creating a habit of work is more beneficial than a binge and following burn-out.
- We attract people like ourselves. If we constantly meet people we don't like, it's time to look inward. - The way we treat others is a way of seeing how we treat ourselves. - You are the average of the 5 people you spend most of your time with. - Go to bed angry. It's ok to wait for cooler heads to resolve problems.
- The Standard Pace is for Chumps. - Learn Deeply first then Broadly. - Measure what you're learning to it's practical applications. If it has little or no impact, your time will be better used elsewhere. - Learning from experience should be your last resort. Better to learn from others. - Learn Daily, from everyone, and everywhere.
- As opposed to school, learn not by theorizing but by doing.
- Jump into projects as soon as possible, don't waste time learning every aspect of a language, you will learn those things as you go.
- Dive deep into a subject rather than jumping around learning the newest language or package. Learn the fundamentals - those never change.